Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Polishes

Recently I have been trying out different styles and techniques with my nail polishes and I thought I would share some of them with you. Today's look is a vibrant blue nail polish with glitter! I actually found the two polishes used for this look at the bottom of my nail polish collection - I think I might have used them both once before then forgot about them. 

I remember the first time I used Sally Hansens' Xtreme 'Blue Me Away' (130) nail polish it looked amazing but it stained my nails really badly. So I thought I would give it another try but this time with a base coat.

Usually I would just use some sort of clear polish - this time I opted for Sally Hansens' Xtreme Wear 'White on' polish just for a bit of a change. It actually made the blue stand out a lot more in my opinion which is great!

As you may or may not know, I love sparkles, always have and always will. Which is why the Sally Hansen's 'Disco Ball' (180) nail polish is amazing. A bottle full of sparkles, what more could you ask for? The formula is clear with small bits of multi coloured glitter. As you can see in the pictures I have added this shade over the top of 'Blue Me Away' (130) and it looks fabulous. It kind of reminds me of the Sally Hansen Gem Crush in 'Bling-tastic' (03) so maybe try that if you just want the one layer of polish. 


Overall these polishes are really good quality. They go on really easily, last a long time in the bottle without going super thick (I must have had Blue Me Away for over a year and its texture still feels brand new). I find that if you don't give them a good shake before use they can be difficult to apply (thicker, stickier) so make sure you shake them up before use. I've only been wearing this since last night, so I'm not sure if they chip easily or not but I'll keep you updated on their success/failure via twitter!


This is one of those creations where I just keep looking at my nails and loving them more and more. Let me know what your favourite colour combination is at the moment. What is your favourite brand of polish to use? 

Hope you all have an amazing day!


xoxoxo
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment