Monday, May 20, 2013

Mini Beauty and Skincare Haul

One of my favourite places to buy makeup and skincare products recently had a sale on, so I bought a few things and thought I would share them with all of you! So here they are:

1. Scandaleyes Mascara
I usually buy the same mascara every time I need a new one which is my favourite L'Oreal Paris Million Lashes, but I saw this particular one for $10.00 and I thought I would give it a go. I originally went to buy the Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara (the bright green one) but for some reason changed my mind and went for the Scandaleyes show off mascara (bright purple). I'm not entirely sure why I changed my mine, I think the bright purple colour had something to do with it. I've only used it once so far, but it seems to be a really great product. It lengthened my lashes, didn't clump up - evenly spaced my lashes and didn't smudge all day. I'll have to use it a few more times to decide if it's my new favourite but I'll keep you all updated.



2. St Ives face scrub
I have needed a new scrub for a while now and I get a little overwhelmed when I see them all lined up in the shop. So I decided to do some research before going in and decide which brand and what type I wanted. I ended up finding a brand called St Ives. On the back of the bottle it says that it is Australia's number 1 scrub brand, however this wasn't the reason I chose it. I chose it because it's not tested on animals, which is something that means a lot to me. It smells really good as well, like apricots! I haven't used it yet, but I will write a review up once i have tested it out.


3. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail colour in Invisible (100) and Crushed (290)
I needed a new top coat because I used up all of my Natio top and base coat. So I ended up buying a Sally Hansen clear coat - it doesn't actually say that it's a top coat but it is invisible so that's what I'm using it for. I also bought 'Crushed' which is a beautiful orangey-copper colour that has a slight sheen to it. Unfortunately it's one of those nail polishes where you can see the brush strokes after its dried - this is quite noticeable in natural sunlight, but indoors you can't see it. It's one of those nail polishes that I had to buy as soon as I saw it and I wasn't disappointed - the colour looks exactly the same in the bottle as when applied to the nail. Look out for a Nails of the Day blog coming out soon using these polishes.



4. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Colour in Princess Cut (310)
This was one of those impulse buys that I kind of regret. It just looks so pretty in the bottle that I had to get it! But the actual product doesn't look that great. I haven't used it yet, but it looks like it is a pink glitter in a very see through pink colour. I think it can only be used over the top of a pink polish, but i'll give it a try and let you all know how it goes.



5. Nivea Lip Butter (Vanilla & Macadamia)
This smells good enough to eat. I seriously want to eat the whole tin of it but that would probably taste really bad. When applied the balm feels like its working which is always a plus. I don't think its the best balm i've ever used, but its definitely the best i've ever smelled. I think i'll buy the caramel one as well just so I can have it in my bag and smell it :P This one cost me $5.69 which I thought was pretty reasonable. I really like that its a wide but flat tin. Others I've used in the past have been smaller and deeper, so when you stick your finger in the balm gets all up in your nails which I find really gross. This Nivea one if great because it has the same amount of product but its very shallow. Definitely recommend this product.



xoxoxo
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment