Friday, June 7, 2013

Models Prefer at Priceline: Haul

Hey Beauties! 

That's right, another haul within 3 weeks. Ahhh, my bank account hates me haha. Priceline released their winter catalogue a couple of weeks ago and I, of course, went to check out all the goodies on offer. There were a lot of great things on sale, but most were like 3 for 2 promotions - when really I didn't want 2 products! The only one that looked interesting was a promotion for the Models Prefer range at Priceline.

For those of you who don't know, Models Prefer is Priceline's own brand of beauty products (which is why they are always at the front of the cosmetics aisle!). I usually walk straight past this stand and onto Maybelline and Rimmel, but this time something caught my eye. They had an offer where if you spend over $20.00 you receive a free Models Prefer gift pack worth over $40.00. Now, being someone who has never used these products before, I thought this promotion was a great way to sample some of their products without having to pay for them all!


Models Prefer cosmetic products are all under $20.00 and all of their brushes and applicators are under $25.00 - so they are very reasonably priced. To spend over $20.00 I ended up buying a lipstick and a mineral eyeshadow duo.







The Moisture Lust Lipstick I bought is in the shade cupcake (035) which is a gorgeous pink. The swatch hasn't come up very well in the photo above (sorry!!) but you can check out all the colours on the Priceline website by clicking here. The formula of this lipstick is quite buttery and feels nice on the lips - more like a tinted balm perhaps. The colour comes out sheer but is definitely buildable without it settling into cracks on the lip which is always a plus. I've had this lipstick for about a week now and keep finding myself reaching for it because it's such an easy to use lipstick for everyday wear - in terms or colour and ease of application.

The eyeshadow duo was a last second addition. Like I said before, I had to spend over $20.00 to receive the gift pack so I was tossing up over a few different products. However, these eye shadow duo's caught my eye at the last second. The packaging is cute, the pigmentation is amazing and the colour range is great - so overall it's an amazing product for $9.95. Enough said!

In the free gift pack, there was another lipstick (different range), a bronzer, a nail polish and a lip gloss! Whenever I get free gift packs, I'm always worried that they're going to put all of the bad colours in that aren't selling very well. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a nude shimmer lip gloss, a beautiful pink lipstick and a dark purple nail polish - all things that I will use!



Bronzer is one of those products I never really buy. I have one or two lying around and use them occasionally, but most of the time I don't feel a real need to use it. I gave this one a go and it's really good - it applies smoothly and gives me that sun-kissed look. I do like it but can't really tell you if it's worth buying or not because, like I said, I don't use them often enough. 



This is a picture of the dark purple nail polish I received (not the colour on my nails! Just in the bottle :P). I haven't has the chance to use it yet, but look out for a new 'nails of the day' soon. I don't tend to wear darker colour on my finger nails as I tend to like bright colours, but I will definitely use this on my toes. I think it will make for a cute pedicure colour :)



The lipstick I received in the pack is a different collection from the first. The colour I received is called Fresh Faced which is a strawberry red colour. I do like the colour but the scent really gets to me - it smells like watermelon. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but I really don't like it for some reason. Other than that it is a great products but the smell turns me off it!


This is probably my favourite product in the pack. A nude shimmer lipgloss! The formula is a little bit sticky! But nothing to worrisome. It applies smoothly and leaves a gorgeous shimmery lip colour.

This pack was definitely worth spending the $20.00 and I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to test out some Models Prefer products. I think this is also great for people like me, who never really noticed this brand before, because it has showed me that these products are of high quality whilst remaining on the cheaper side. If you've never tried these products before, give them a go. They're on the cheaper side and really great quality - especially the eye shadow duo!

xoxoxo
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment